Wednesday 13 May 2015

Konjac Sponge

Follow my blog with Bloglovin The Konjac Sponge has been all over the Internet for a while now and I recently tried it about a month ago and its fantastic!


As it says on the original Konjac sponge website, the sponge is simple, effective, deep cleansing and pure. The Konjac sponge is eco friendly, 100% natural and made from pure edible vegetable roots and fiber. Konnyaku (the vegetable used) has been used for 1,500 years in Asia as an eco friendly beauty treatment for sensitive skin.

In my house we have 2 sponges one for me and one for my teenage kids. The one I use is the Konjac French Pink Clay facial puff sponge. It has nourishing minerals and is designed to “purify even the most sensitive skin”. The one, which my kids use, is the Konjac Bamboo Charcoal facial puff sponge. This has rich activated carbon and is designed to clean pores and remove blackheads and dirt.

I use the pink sponge in the evening after I remove my make-up. I clean my skin with the sponge and it leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth. The sponge is very gentle on my skin; it cleans, exfoliates and removes dead skin cells. It’s quite soft and the first time I used it I thought it didn’t do anything and I was just cleaning my face with a soft cotton ball. But after I finished my face looked so bright, clean and smooth and it was ready for the rest of my evening routine.

My kids use the bamboo charcoal sponge and they absolutely love it. They’re so lazy that it’s perfect for them! It does a great job with their skin, unclogging their pores, removing dry and dead skin as well as removing their blackheads. I also use the black sponge as well as my kids as its perfect for all ages and great on all types of skin.

How to use this sponge:
It depends on where you order the sponge from, from some websites they send it to you in a box and its dry, other websites will send it to you in a bag and its soft and ready to use. If it comes in the dry form, you just need to place it under warm/hot water depending on what you prefer to wash your face with and the sponge will begin to soften. Once the sponge is completely soaked throughout and soft its ready to use. I simply rub the sponge on my face in circular motions.

If the sponge comes in the bag already soft and ready to use, just rinse it under warm water just to clean it before using.  You can also use the sponge with your cleanser however it’s not really necessary because the sponge does a great job on its own.

After I'm done with the sponge I simply rinse it under warm water and then hang it on a little hook beside my sink in the bathroom to dry. After its fully dry it becomes small and hard and ready to use again. The sponge usually lasts between 2-3 months depending on level of usage.


Benefits of the charcoal sponge, as it says on the packaging:
  • Packed with minerals and antioxidants
  • Kills acne causing bacteria
  • Retains the natural pH balance of your skin


Benefits of the French pink clay sponge:
  • Perfect for sensitive skin
  • Gentle exfoliator
  • 100% colouring free
  • 100% additive free
  • 100% biodegradable
  • Naturally sustainable
  • Environmentally safe




I love both of these sponges they do a great job. I'm very happy I finally tried this product.

You can buy these products from https://www.konjacspongecompany.com/shop/facial-sponges.html from £7.99 and you can choose one which suits your skin best.


1 comment: